[Board] 2009 Elections

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 11 00:33:34 PDT 2009

> All,
>
> In my capacity as CRO, I have begun the elections planning process.
> Herewith:
>
> * I need immediate feedback on the NUMBER OF NEW MEMBERS for the first
> stage of the process.

My take is that we should aim any at getting at least 15 new Charter
Members but allow up to a maximum of 30. This will compensate for drop
outs who we cannot identify until after the process when they have
repeatedly not voted or became active in another way. It is still small
enough a share to prevent OSGeo from being taken over by an evil flash
mob. Last year was unfortunate in that we had to turn down some potential
members who would have been a good addition.

You have not scheduled the election for the president yet. I did not
receive a notable number of comments to my suggestion to prolong the
president's term. Thus we will have to stick to our schedule and nominate
and vote again this year, this should probably show up somewhere in the
announcements. I am prepared to stay for another term if I get nominated.

If we need to change anything else in the voting process documents I again
suggest to prolong the president's term to allow for some more continuity.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--
Arnulf Christl