[Board] Re: [Foss4g2010] registration

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Sun Dec 20 11:22:00 PST 2009

Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> The reviewed budget is ok as you said on your review.
> The new prices are available in the registration web page [1] since the
> new budget has been submited.
>
> If you are waiting for me and the LOC to change the budget every time
> someone of the board or the Conference Com makes a comment I better stop
> waiting for comments and open subscriptions.
>
> Lorenzo

Lorenzo,
I take it on myself to approve the fees as presented on the web site
http://2010.foss4g.org/registration.php as discussed so that you can
proceed to open registration. Please go ahead with opening registration.

The full FOSS4G 2010 budget still needs board approval, I cannot do this
on my own. If you are still unclear on the process please let me know.

I will put the budget approval as first item on the agenda for the next
meeting and make sure that discussion will take place beforehand. All
the same we have to keep in mind that people might not be working
between the years.

Arnulf.

> [1] http://2010.foss4g.org/registration.php
>

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
> <mailto:pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>> wrote:
>
>     I had my budget review back on the list 3 hours after receiving the
>     documents in the morning, that was the morning of Dec 3, the afternoon
>     your time. That review included the point about rate differences
>     between the budget and wiki. Nothing has changed since then, except no
>     answer to any point I, or Jeff, or Tyler raised ever returned to the
>     list, until December 17, when the question of whether the rate on the
>     wiki or the budget was the real one was answered. No other point has
>     been discussed on the list. There's been no "debate" that I've been
>     privy to, just a long silence.
>
>     P.
>
>     On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Lorenzo Becchi
>     <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com <mailto:lorenzo at ominiverdi.com>> wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      > On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Paul Ramsey
>     <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca <mailto:pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>>
>      > wrote:
>      >>
>      >> Nothing critical from me. Oh, except that presumably you're going to
>      >> open registration with an "extra early" rate, and that rate
>     wasn't in
>      >> the budget. I put an imaginary number in the wiki, the real one
>     would
>      >> be nice to see.
>      >>
>      >
>      > don't worry, if you keep debating we will open this rate for 12
>     hours.....
>      >
>      > lorenzo
>      >