[Board] Re: [Foss4g2009] OSGeo AGM at FOSS4G?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Feb 3 07:05:51 PST 2009

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hi Cameron, space for a 2 hour meeting would be ideal.  While it always
> depends on scope 1.5 hours will feel a bit too tight.  Of course, I
> missed 2008's AGM, so others might have a different perspective.  But at
> least for logistical purposes, I'd like to see at least 2 hours if
> possible.

I found that the timing for the 2008 AGM was not ideal. It was a bit
late and all the reports were rushed because everybody wanted to go have
a beer and some food. That didn't leave much room for open discussion
with the audience. I agree with allocating 2 hours, and would also
suggest that 4-6pm on the last day may not be an ideal time.

I just checked and in 2007 it was at the end of the first day of
workshops... that was a while ago, but I don't seem to remember as much
pressure to rush things. That could be a combination of less
reports/topics to discuss and being on the first day when people just
arrived.

My 0.02$

Daniel
--