[Board] Re: [Foss4g2009] OSGeo AGM at FOSS4G?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 13 11:58:27 PST 2009

Thanks for thinking through this thoroughly with me guys.  I would
still like a session in the programme where projects and/or local
chapters get 10-15 minutes to give an update/demo of their latest
achievements.  The previous "lightning talk" scenario I'd been using
worked okay.. it kept things moving along but having a shorter or
more flexible AGM meeting is preferred.

I don't mind the projects and local chapters fighting it out for
presentation slots, but inevitably they will not all be chosen.  So
it would really help to have some part of the programme reserved for
OSGeo talks by those who do not make the cut - that is, these
projects that would normally talk at the AGM.

This gives us the best of both worlds and isn't wholly unmanageable
IF there is reasonable time/space to do it.  No, not all local
chapters or projects would be expected to present - but I believe
making the possibility available is important.  This way attendees
can still pick and choose and OSGeo projects don't feel like second
fiddle to more popular projects/concepts.

How long until programme production? After the first cut of
presentations are chosen, I can then ask the outstanding projects if
they'll have a speaker there.

Making sense?

Tyler