[Board] ISPRS news

maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it
Wed Jan 7 09:55:06 PST 2009

Dear all
happy 2009! My email is just to communicate that since the end of 2008
I have became co-chair of the ISPRS WG 5 "Distributed and Web-Based
Geoinformation Services and Applications" of Commission 4
"Geodatabases and Digital Mapping". Here the WG terms of reference
http://www.isprs.org/technical_commissions/wgtc_4.aspx.

As you can see one of the terms comprises also the cooperation with
OSGeo (I asked explicitly to introduce that point as I'm Osgeo member
and collaborate at the Education and Curriculum Osgeo Project). In few
days the web-form to become a WG member will be available. If someone
involved in OSgeo who gravitates also around ISPRS wants to cooperate,
I'll appreciate very much. In any case I'll make the best to keep you
informed about initiatives and meetings of the WGs and my Commission.
At the same time if someone has suggestions, they will be welcomed! I
want to sow osgeo seeds into ISPRS?
Cheers! Maria

Maria Antonia Brovelli
Politecnico di Milano - Campus Como