[Board] ISPRS news

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 9 00:32:31 PST 2009

Dear Maria,

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM,  <maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it> wrote:
> Dear all
> happy 2009! My email is just to communicate that since the end of 2008 I
> have became co-chair of the ISPRS WG 5 "Distributed and Web-Based
> Geoinformation Services and Applications" of Commission 4 "Geodatabases and
> Digital Mapping". Here the WG terms of reference
> http://www.isprs.org/technical_commissions/wgtc_4.aspx.

(to reach directly:
 http://www.isprs.org/technical_commissions/wgtc_4.aspx#wg_IV/5
)

> As you can see one of the terms comprises also the cooperation with OSGeo (I
> asked explicitly to introduce that point as I'm Osgeo member and collaborate
> at the Education and Curriculum Osgeo Project).

Thanks for your efforts! It is very important to get OSGeo linked also into
the research arena, especially engineering. I hope that this will open
some doors to get universities and research institutions interested into
our work.

> In few days the web-form to
> become a WG member will be available. If someone involved in OSgeo who
> gravitates also around ISPRS wants to cooperate, I'll appreciate very much.

It may make sense for me - please ping us/me when the form is online.

> In any case I'll make the best to keep you informed about initiatives and
> meetings of the WGs and my Commission. At the same time if someone has
> suggestions, they will be welcomed! I want to sow osgeo seeds into ISPRS?
> Cheers! Maria

Once the form is online, please consider to post a note also to
the OSGeo-discuss list to reach a larger number of people.

Thanks,
Markus