[Board] [Fwd: approved contract]

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 5 17:09:21 PST 2009

Board,
the contract is now finally available, find it attached. All points that
were raised over the past four(!) months have been included. The current
version has been edited to its final version by Tyler Mitchell, Arnulf
Christl, Paul Ramsey, Lorenzo Becchi, Jeroen Ticheler, and Jeff McKenna in
Sydney.

I send it to this list for final confirmation. This is not a motion and we
do not need to vote on it and I am fine with the contract as it is now. I
am especially happy with the experience of working with Grupo Pacifico who
are very uncomplicated and at the same time professional.

It is a bit annoying that it is has taken so long to finally get it done
which to a great part was my fault. Getting it done in no time at all in
Sydney shows how very efficient f2f meetings are. I will therefore insist
that we have a f2f board meeting within the next few months. Several Ideas
have been already been floated including to meet in Vancouver, Montreal,
Canada or Bonn, Germany. Before we start to find a concrete place and date
please let this list know what restriction you might have in coming so
that we can solve them. I really mean to get all of us meet in one place
for two days.

Bets regards,
Arnulf.

PS:
I am using a new web mailing server and it just flashed a few warnings, so
maybe the document has been garbled up.