[Board] [Fwd: approved contract]

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell.osgeo at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 5 18:41:05 PST 2009

It's probably worth mentioning, for the new directors, that this FOSS4G conference organiser's contract is part one of the process.  The next (timing?) item on that front will be to approve a operational budget for the event.  Once that's approved than all the decisions of the event are in Lorenzo's and the Local Organising Committee's (LOC) hands.

We've learned a few lessons these past couple years and there are a few ideas floating around for how we could make FOSS4G fit a bit tighter with OSGeo's mission in some ways;  but I would like to say that Lorenzo is already off to a good start having had lots of great discussions while in Sydney.  I'm really glad he was able to make it.

I'm thrilled to see the contract finalised this early on.

Tyler