[Board] F2F meeting

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 05:51:28 PST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 7:09 PM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:

> I really mean to get all of us meet in one place
> for two days.

I don't see how this is remotely possible given our budgetary
constraints.  There's no way I can afford footing a F2F board meeting
out of pocket right now, and OSGeo has never been in a position of
being able to support board member's travel to F2F meetings.

We should see if we can procure reliable low-cost tele/video
conferencing before putting the squeeze on members to spend a day of
travel on each side of a two day F2F.  Our meeting situation (IRC +
free skype) is awful.

Howard