[Board] Re: F2F meeting

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at geocat.net
Sat Nov 7 00:51:14 PST 2009

Hi Ravi,
Good point, and one you will have to repeat often for it to be heard
and understood! Even while I lived many years in Africa and visited
many countries around the world I notice I tend to sometimes forget
about these differences. It indeed even calls for a specific
sponsoring component to OSGeo that is specifically targeted at
supporting people from low income countries. We should get our act
together and target agencies that would be willing to support this
directly. I will do so to a number where I have contacts if others
feel that is worthwhile. These funds could be used to support local
events, but I would also like to see them support travel to allow for
f2f meetings and such.
Kind regards,
Jeroen