[Board] 501c3 application

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell.osgeo at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 23 08:52:40 PST 2009

Just an FYI - I've spoken with the US IRS reps today regarding our charitable status application (submitted over 1 year ago!).  They will be done their review in the next couple weeks.  There were some delays due to centralising open source related applications into one of their offices and they've been understaffed - usually we'd have heard back from them by now with a list of questions where they require more detail, etc.

After we get these questions in the next couple weeks, then I'll clarify them, respond and if all goes well then they send it on for another level of review (another few weeks) before finalising/confirming for us.

So, just an FYI that it is not dead in the water and they were good to talk with and can answer any questions you or I may have - just let me know and I'll phone them.

Tyler