[Board] Task: Actively acquiring new Sponsors

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 23 04:39:18 PST 2009

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Board,

> I suggest to have a Skype call to get us started and then follow up on
> the board list. Once it becomes more intimate with individual
> organizations we can move the individual threads to our individual OSGeo
> accounts and report to the private list until we have the new sponsors
> ready to go.

Too many "individual" to my liking in this section. Maybe it reflects
that I feel left alone a bit with this task. I will be able to do so
much but when we dissolved FunCom because it lacked fun we bumped the
task up to the board - which is not "individual" but a group of highly
motivated individuals. Well, there we go with "individuals" again... Are
we a team yet? :-)

If anybody has a good idea what to about this please speak up.

Apart from *new* ideas we will also have to define sponsor acquisition
as a concrete goal for Tyler. Please take into account that up to now
this was explicitly not a major goal. During inception of OSGeo we
purposefully kept this as a low priority to prevent our only paid
employee to do nothing but hike after money for their own position
(which is common to other non-profit organizations). Bumping up the goal
to 200k for next year and addressing Tyler directly sort of implies this
shift in tasks but maybe I should not do this but rather ask the board
for opinions.

Regards,

--
Arnulf Christl