[Board] Fwd: [Foss4g2010] subscriptions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Nov 26 10:01:46 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> I would like to note that Lorenzo and the Barcelona team signed up for the
> conference under particular assumptions about the level of profit they are
> expected to produce for OSGeo (I wish I had the details of this at my
> fingers - can anyone point to them)?

"In return, it is expected that the conference will be budgeted to
produce some revenue ($20K) for OSGeo, using conservative expected
attendance and sponsorship estimates."

http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2010/osgeo-conference-2010-request-for-proposal.pdf

If the budget is showing a $20K profit on attendance of 600 (Lausanne
did 565) and sponsorship of $80K (about what Sydney managed in the
end) then whatever pricing is getting to that is fine w/ me.