[Board] Re: FOSS4G Budget summary

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 05:03:07 PDT 2009

OSGeo board and FOSS4G organising committee:

As mentioned earlier we have a very tight FOSS4G budget this year and
have consequently trimmed the budget right down. We are currently
loosing money based on current registrations, but it is starting to look
likely that we will break even when people confirm their bookings and
pay, and with a few extra registrations which will likely come in.

The main saving we have cut into is that we are able to pay for morning
and afternoon teas (including a snack), but don't have budget for lunch.
Instead we have organised to have a snack stand selling sandwiches and
drinks (at reasonable street rates). Delegates won't have to go down to
the nearby food court as originally considered.

If we can attract an extra $AU18,000 ($US15,500) from sponsors, or an
extra 50 delegates, then we can afford lunch (with a less substantial
morning and afternoon tea).

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect