[Board] OSGL-Nottingham Univ MoU

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 07:15:28 PDT 2010

Hi All,

It is nice that OSGeo has an MoU with OSGeo.
I think OGC logo can be shown on the OSGeo
Website too so that more people will know
about OGC-OSGeo relations.

About MoU with Universities I think several
universities would be interested in some sort
of official tie-up (MoU) with OSGeo.
OSGeo could perhaps as a catalyst for several
universities to get together as a consortium
and have a MoU with such a consortium to
develop, share, maintain course materials.

Best

Venka

On 2010/08/16 17:54, Markus Neteler wrote:
> I have started a new list:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Memorandum_of_Understanding_list
>
> Regards,
> Markus
>
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Carl Reed<creed at opengeospatial.org>  wrote:
>> Yes, there is a formal, signed MoU. I even wrote an article about the MoU
>> and the importance of the relationship between the open source community and
>> the standards community.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Carl
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Zeiss"<geoff.zeiss at autodesk.com>

>>> b. OSGeo's seal of approval
>>> c. OSGeo's expertise etc
>>> 2. To what extent can we put this forward, may be with the help of some
>>> possible commitments, that the Board may wish to know.
>>> 3. Other than with OGC do we have any such agreements ?
>>> 4. In case this MoU is signed, do we expect similar MoUs.