[Board] On my plate

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 15 15:45:29 PST 2010

Hi folks,
Just a quick update on what I'm working on lately.

= Website =
http://www3.osgeo.org shows the new theme we have and www2 is where our
current site has been pushed into and I'm connecting the dots.  Working on a
few outstanding issues, including language translations and there will be some
new content needed as well.  If you want more details, just let me know.

= Finance =
* Continuing looking at sponsorship invoices, chasing down donors, etc.  See
also FOSS4G...
* working on quarterly updates in books

= Strategy =
* Resurrecting my strategy notes from previous couple months to help solidify
the various "working groups" theme we discussed in Barcelona - something for
people more publicly to through tomatoes at.

= Events =
* FOSS4G 2011: Working closely with Peter to answer questions, focusing on
sponsorship side of things.  Prospectus out soon (this week likely).  Logo
selected last week.

* FOSS4G 2010: Wrap up of books looks like we'll get 30k euro from the event!
Coordinating with organisers to close this off.

* OSGIS Nottingham, June - 1 day of this event will be co-branded OSGeo/OGC
Interop day.  Looking for presenters and at least 2 workshops on this theme.

* GITA, April - the OSGeo track is confirmed.  I'm working on lining up
speakers, making good headway.  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GITA_2011

= Journal =
Not personally doing much on this front but helping hand reigns over to Landon
Blake who's pulling together this 2009 FOSS4G Proceedings academic papers
edition.

Soon it will be time for "2010 Annual Report" - anyone interested in leading
this or have thoughts on how to best handle it?  Otherwise I'll do the same
old wiki page approach, then collate into a PDF.
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2009 --> http://osgeo.org/ojs)

Take it easy!
Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director, OSGeo
tmitchell at osgeo.org
+1-250-303-1831
See you at FOSS4 2011 Denver in September!