[Board] Potential Vietnam Chapter

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Feb 12 04:54:55 PST 2010

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your response.

Geoff Zeiss wrote:
> Venka, I, and others have supported OSGEO activities in APAC, but I
> am not aware of a precedent for anyone's travel being funded by OSGEO
> in the past.  Venka can correct me if this is incorrect ?  So if we
> do want to support this type of activity, I would suggest that we
> need to explicitly allocate funding for it, define criteria for who
> is eligible, type of activity, maximum amount, etc.

You are correct about travel being funded by OSGeo.
The criteria you have listed need to be seriously
consider for the future use of OSGeo funds or
criteria for future Directors to have their own
time and funds at disposal to promote OSGeo the
worldover. Nothing can replace f2f and
"boots on the ground".

Best regards

Venka