[Board] Board Meeting reminder

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 7 06:54:24 PST 2010

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Board,
> we have a board meeting scheduled for today but it seems that there are
> no pressing issues so I do not expect that we need to have quorum or
> need to vote. But I would appreciate if you cold join all the same.

Folks,

In a rather inconsiderate move, I have added two agenda items at the
last moment.  One is the change to the election procedure to disallow
casting multiple votes for one candidate, as was made an action item for
me.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Proposed_Board_Election_Procedure

The other is noting that we need to discuss our 2010 budget.  In particular
I think we need to make some broad decisions on whether we plan to:

1) run a substantial deficit.

or

2) raise a good deal more money

or

3) move to bring our expenses into line with our income

--

We likely have the capacity to continue with business as usual operating
at a deficit for the year due to our reserves but it will leave us in

Last year we decided to budget on the basis of raising substantial new
money but we did not reach more than a fraction of our goal.

Bringing expenses into line with income is challenging because our
dominant expense is the ED salary.

I think we need to at least initiate a discussion on the direction we
take - something I can draft a 2010 budget proposal on the basis of.