[Board] 501c3 help

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 11 19:33:03 PST 2010

Hi all,
I'm churning away on the 501c3 updates.  I've got most of questions
10-19 complete as well as re-running all the finance reports.  If anyone
has time to help over the next 24 hours or so, question 20 is a good one
to work on.  I'm not sure how deep to get on it, but it's going to take
 a bit of manual work to pull it all together.

"Provide a list of software that you have developed (including open
source software). [That's no problem]  Include a description of the
software, its purpose [no problem], how it was developed [hmmm], and how
it further your tax-exempt activities [that is, our educational and
charitable work]"

Just in case you were looking for a way to procrastinate on something
else ;-)  If you could even just hunt down projects to give a paragraph
description on their project and its history - that'd be a great help.

I'll be working on all the other items before this one, but have to wrap
it up early next week.  By the end of the weekend I expect to have an
almost final document ready for review by the consultant on Wednesday,
adopt his further suggestions then faxed and mailed by end of the week.

Another area to look at if you just want to do a bit of editing is
question #14.  It's a royal mess at the moment from my braindump earlier
today, but critical to get our mind around collectively.  It's the
"charity" side of OSGeo that needs describing - e.g. how do we "help"
people, the world, communities, whatever.  As opposed to our education
focus which is a lot easier to describe.

All edits to wiki are welcome, but I've also got lots more to do in the
meantime.

Talk to you later,
Tyler