[Board] Re: Motion: Support visit to meet with the emerging Vietnam Chapter with funding

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 23 12:38:38 PDT 2010

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I think Tyler also mentioned that out of this should come a more formal
> definition of the role of Directors - I'm all for this.  In this case
> having a director of OSGeo attend a chapter formation meeting was a big
> deal to the local community members - chapters in SE Asia are much more
> formal than in North America. (yes I even wore a "suit" jacket!!! ha)

Folks,

For what it is worth, I do not think this should be a "Directors
Travel" policy, it should be a policy on how we can cover expenses
for OSGeo ambassadors when appropriate.  They might be directors,
project leads, charter members or just advocates.

I would add that Tyler has a travel budget and the policy is that he
can make decisions on travel within that budget as he sees fit to
serve the needs and objectives of OSGeo.  I don't think we need to
interfere in that.