[Board] Free FOSS4G pass worth it for sponsors?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 8 10:28:41 PST 2010

Since a few sponsors (past or present) are on this list, and since it's a good
question for the board to know the answer to and discuss...

Is having a free conference pass as a bonus for being an OSGeo sponsor worth
it?  Is it a useful incentive to encourage more sponsors and to retain current
ones?

Or perhaps for potential sponsors on this list, would a free pass encourage
you to become an associate sponsors ($3k), noting the conference tickets can
cost up to ~$700.

Curious on thoughts as we start to consider sponsorship options for FOSS4G and
at the same time I'm doing invoicing for OSGeo sponsorship renewals.

Thanks.
Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director, OSGeo
tmitchell at osgeo.org
+1-250-303-1831
See you at FOSS4 2011 Denver in September!