[Board] Fwd: An e-Learning Framework for Using Geospatial Open Data, Open Source and Open Standards (ELO-Geo)

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 10 10:39:02 PST 2010

Hi all,
Attached is a request for a support letter from Suchith at UoNottingham.

We have a process for support letters already defined here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Protocol_for_requesting_letter_of_support

Would you consider modifying this for organisations where we already have an
MOU?

I added a few ideas into a "draft suggestions" section on that wiki page and
would like your feedback.

We don't get a lot of these requests (2-3 per year) but sometimes they are
more time sensitive like this one in particular.  My concern is that pushing
it to the discuss list, then the board list for discussion at the next board
meeting would kill the opportunity - and due to time alone and not due to
ultimate disinterest.

I'm comfortable signing it, especially since it doesn't commit us to anything,
builds on our OSGeo-edu work and we already have a formal agreement to work
together with this group.  Is this a reasonable approach?

Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director, OSGeo
tmitchell at osgeo.org
+1-250-303-1831
See you at FOSS4 2011 Denver in September!