[Board] Re: Open Source and Open Standards White Paper

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 15 05:24:50 PDT 2011

I don't see a place to add comments on the wiki, so my comments will be
mentioned through email:

- who is the intended audience of this paper?  where will this be published?

- I ask that because the paper mentions both terms "OGC" and "OSGeo"
without first describing what each entity is.  (and truthfully only the
core tribe understand what each is and does, for the rest of the
industry both terms need a good explanation before any further
discussion in a document, no offense)

- how about having a first section titled "Goals of this Document"
explaining its purpose and the intended audience?

Thanks for listening.

-jeff