[Board] Use of online form for Board Election Votes

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Aug 8 11:00:11 PDT 2011

Hi Board,

Tyler suggested using a web form to collect the board election votes for
this election. One of the key benefit is that this form would also serve
to collect updated charter member contact information. With 100 charter
members, automating this process as much as possible can save lots of time.

We have the form setup on surveymonkey.com, it is private and very clear
in my opinion, each charter member would receive a personal email with
their own private link to vote. I think it would be a great way to go.
For this election we would also keep the ability to vote via email (the
old way), so charter members would have two options for voting: the web
form or email.

Does anyone see a problem with this approach?

If there are no objections from board members in the next 2 days then we
will go ahead for the vote that is due to start on Thursday with two
options for voting: web form or email.

Daniel Morissette
OSGeo Chief Returning Officer (2011)