[Board] F2F meeting request

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Dec 12 11:32:29 PST 2011

For my own part at least, I think there was also some question about the funding model of the conference and whether OSGeo should benefit from the conference using its name.  And also some question about the nature of a continent-level chapter, wrt its mission and the local chapters.  And that some of the goals of the chapter overlap with OSGeo's goals, e.g. GITA engagement.  Some of these things are for the NA chapter folks to resolve, yes, but much of it touches on the foundation's core mission and goals and plans.

When picking the date, it never even occurred to me to combine it with the sprint.  (I did look at my calendar when picking the date and did take note of the fact that I was already marked as "busy" the week of Feb 5th...)  It's a good idea.

_mpg