[Board] F2F meeting plan

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Dec 16 04:12:35 PST 2011

On 11-12-16 5:11 AM, Jo Cook wrote:

> Happy to go with whatever the majority want for the hotel- I'll be
> flying in to SeaTac so somewhere close to there would be nice.
> Unfortunately I'll have to ask OSGeo to cover my expenses, but if we are
> 100% certain of those dates now I can book my flight and get it as cheap
> as possible. There are no real benefits for me going for indirect
> flights from the UK- the cost is marginally cheaper but the flight takes
> considerably longer (16 hrs rather than 9) and I'd need to take more
> time off work.

I agree on deciding and booking as early as possible to get the cheapest
possible flights. But we should probably wait for a formal board motion
to make everything official before booking anything.

(BTW, you're lucky to have direct flights from UK. In my case, I'm
closer in theory but in practice whether I leave from Quebec City or
directly from the local airport at home, it's 2 connections (3 flight
segments) and the price is the same or higher than yours.)

> Are we expected to cover our own hotel costs?

It's the first time we setup a F2F like this, but I believe MPG's idea
was that hotel would be covered.

We'll probably need a motion of the board that will make this clear as well.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/