[Board] F2F meeting plan

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Fri Dec 16 02:11:50 PST 2011

> I usually go for cheaper but since this one gets great ranking I won't
> object. A positive atmosphere can only result in a more productive meeting.
>
> That being said, I believe you expect OSGeo to cover some of the travel
> expenses? Which ones? We need to set some limits, we can't have some people
> fly first class while others go through 3 or 4 connections to save money
> for the foundation.
>
> Happy to go with whatever the majority want for the hotel- I'll be flying
in to SeaTac so somewhere close to there would be nice. Unfortunately I'll
have to ask OSGeo to cover my expenses, but if we are 100% certain of those
dates now I can book my flight and get it as cheap as possible. There are
no real benefits for me going for indirect flights from the UK- the cost is
marginally cheaper but the flight takes considerably longer (16 hrs rather
than 9) and I'd need to take more time off work.

Are we expected to cover our own hotel costs?

Thanks

Jo