[Board] On my plate...

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 24 11:21:01 PST 2011

Just some notes on what's on my plate this month so far...

* Polishing off the OSGeo Journal volume 8 - included FOSS4G 2009 proceedings.  Should be done today.  I hired a latex guru for a few hours to help get some of my tasks on this done, hope to us him again in the future when volunteer efforts dry up.
* FOSS4G LOC involvement - helping support Peter, working with committee and GITA as required.
* Various finance:
	- chasing down sponsorship renewals - almost everyone is ready for renewal
	- working on closing books for 2010
	- renewing our general liability insurance policy
	- setting up an annual events liability policy
	- filing gov't annual reports
	- renew our agreement with our  "corporate representative"
	- renew our agreement with payroll/benefits provider
	- chasing down FOSS4G 2010 funds transfer (40k euros pending for 2 months)
* Marketing prep for upcoming events - GITA 2011, OGC/OSGeo day at OSGIS Nottingham, AAG Seattle, FOSS4G - this is going to be a busy spring/summer for event support.
*  more that I'm forgetting...

A few other things to consider:
* OSGeo Annual Report 2010 - important to you guys?  Anyone interested in helping coordinate it (harass project/community leads to contribute a text file or to a wiki)?
* Sysadmin - migrating off our old server to new infrastructure - with above items demanding my attention, these systems related items are slipping.  Hope to tackle them sometime in the next month.

Anything else you were wondering about?
Best wishes,
Tyler