[Board] Director elections

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jul 7 12:34:35 PDT 2011

Thanks for clarifying this Chris.

* So far I have Markus, Chris and Ravi - all not planning to stand for re-election.
* Jeff confirmed he is planning to stand for re-election.
* Geoff is the other director whose term is ending and open for possible re-election, I just haven't heard back from him yet.

No other directors have mentioned resigning this year, but let us know if you are considering it, since it will open another seat for the upcoming election.  Until then I expect we'll have the normal 5 seats open - with Jeff and Geoff standing to be re-elected.

During our meeting earlier Daniel offered to help run the election and I'll help support him.  Do you need a motion to set him up as the Chief Returning Officer for the year?

Tyler