Fwd: [Board] update out of date items on faq?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 7 12:04:52 PDT 2011

On 11-06-07 01:21 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:

> Frank,
> thanks for the quick feedback, I agree with your proposed changes. While
> at it I suggest to also edit "What is the relationship between OSGeo and
> OGC?" and change the link to our own MoU page plus adding a link to our
> recently approved "What is Open in OGC and OSGeo" whitepaper.

Arnulf,

Agreed, I will do this.

> What is the process for this, do we need to vote for these changes? I
> would suggest that anyone with edit access should be allowed to go ahead
> and amend, add or remove items provided they notify this list (or WebCom
> which currently seems defunct).

Anyone on webcom can edit the text, but because of the sensitive nature of
the questions and answers I did seek board support for the text when they
were first written.  At this point, I'm inclined to edit, and notify the
board so there is a chance for correction if there are concerns with the
approach.  I'm planning to go forward this way.