[Board] Academic connections

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Jun 17 11:54:19 PDT 2011

Just an FYI - I'm working with a few different institutions on setting up additional MOUs, similar to CGS Nottingham last year:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_signs_Memorandum_of_Understanding_with_CGS_Nottingham

I am back and forth with about 4 different groups working on some draft wording, but they will be very similar in scope to Nottingham's, with their own local twists as well.

We have also pulled together some of the most interested academics for a discussion next week re: a more formal network between institutions, centred around OSGeo.

Exciting times and lots of interest!  Stay tuned...