[Board] Sponsorship Go To Person

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 8 12:08:45 PST 2011

Hi Frank,

Thank you for taking the issue to the board list (I realize that this is
what I should have done in the first place).

Please see my comments below...

On 11-11-08 02:39 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I think it is desirable for at least all board members to be prepared to
> pursue sponsorship conversations.  I can see it might be helpful to have
> a sponsorship support person who can address details of the sponsorship
> program and possible work to ensure that the sponsor contain is maintained.

Agreed that all board members should be prepared to deal with sponsors
and share that load, but the same way we have a MOU czar, we need
someone ultimately responsible for sponsorship-related requests to
ensure none of them falls in between chairs, even if that just means
dispatching the requests to other board members based on proximity to
their location, language, background, etc.

> Perhaps we can discuss this Thursday.  Follow up isn't really my strong
> point, but I have fairly strong opinions on the mechanisms of the sponsorship
> program so I would potentially be willing to be the "sponsorship support"
> guy as long as it is understood this does not mean doing all the selling
> of sponsorship - something that I believe needs to be broadly based
> (even well beyond the board).

I added an item for this to the agenda. (And I agree that nobody on the
board wants to be the sole person responsible for all the sponsorship
selling work)

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/