[Board] Proposal/thoughts for a FOSS4G Advisor Role

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Nov 21 14:59:41 PST 2011

Solid proposal, I like it a lot.

A couple points, though, of course:

* The daily rate is fine, but are 4 days/month sufficient?  I'm guessing 4 days would be the average over a 12 month period?

*nit: travel expenses should include meals (not just flight + hotel)

* this is a 12-month position, but should probably be timed to start immediately after the event -- so this year's contract should be prorated down a couple months?

* I would like to see this be a continuing position with the same person owning it for >>1 year -- otherwise we'd lose the institutional/tribal knowledge (which Jeff has now), and we might as well leave it to the LOC by themselves.  Thinking out loud: maybe a "retention bonus" if the person re-enlists for the next year?

* Proposal says "visit" (singular) to venue in advance of event -- I'd make that "venue(s)" (plural), to allow for >1 visits.  (As you all know by now, I'm a big fan of in-person meetings when potentially more productive than email or IRC or even phone.)

_mpg