[Board] Proposal/thoughts for a FOSS4G Advisor Role

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Nov 21 13:09:02 PST 2011

Board,

I have started my thoughts on a structure for a new recurring (partially
funded) role for the OSGeo organization:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Advisor_Role

Related thoughts:

- if you respond with "compensation is over our budget" then let's
remove tasks/responsibilities and then adjust the cost estimate

- yes this proposal is for an annual role; this year's event moving to
another region for the first time just highlights how important this
role is through the years

I will do my best to listen to all feedback.  I am also happy if edits
occur directly on that page.

I am definitely acting on something that I have been wanting to put
forward for a very long time.

-jeff