[Board] OSGeo twitter

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 24 13:05:08 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-24, at 12:53 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Currently Mark Lucas and I are info at osgeo.org so I'm going
> to assume the two of us are the designated tweeters.  I'm
> still unclear on what committee the tweeting function should
> belong to.

For the past year or so I've just used the twitter account as I saw fit.
It's connected to our OSGeo news and events feeds so they go
out automatically when updated.  I would often retweet my own
notes or others from OSGeo community if I thought they'd be of
interest to others.  We get a few new followers every week.

There is also a FOSS4G account that's been used for a couple
years, that event chairs have used.

Tyler