[Board] OSGeo twitter

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Mon Oct 24 19:39:17 PDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 05:05 AM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> On 2011-10-24, at 12:53 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Currently Mark Lucas and I are info at osgeo.org so I'm going
>> to assume the two of us are the designated tweeters.  I'm
>> still unclear on what committee the tweeting function should
>> belong to.
>
> For the past year or so I've just used the twitter account as I saw fit.
> It's connected to our OSGeo news and events feeds so they go
> out automatically when updated.  I would often retweet my own
> notes or others from OSGeo community if I thought they'd be of
> interest to others.  We get a few new followers every week.

It is probably good as it is right now, connected to news and events
with fairly low frequency. I would like it to be used by local chapters
to advertize their events. But it would probably be even better if we
could persuade LCs to publish their events through the existing news and
events queues of OSGeo. Thoughts?

Best regards,
Arnulf.

> There is also a FOSS4G account that's been used for a couple
> years, that event chairs have used.
>
> Tyler

Exploring Space, Time and Mind
http://arnulf.us