[Board] Text describing what OSGeo does

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 24 14:29:12 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Peter Batty <peter at ebatty.com> wrote:

> If there is a different sentence (other than the mission statement) that has
> already been declared the "preferred" one then that's fine, my main point is
> we shouldn't use different ones (some of which are confusing) in each of
> these places, let's pick one and use it consistently.
> That's it really. Frank, you said you were part of the group that makes
> changes to the web site, I don't know what the process is from here, whether
> this needs comment from the board or whether this is non-contentious and can
> just be dealt with through the web site group.

Peter,

I agree with your conclusions and I have applied the suggested changes
in Drupal.  The "To support the collaborative development of open source
geospatial software, and promote its widespread use" mission is the one
we agreed on as a board, way back, so I agree it is the one to reuse.

Let me know if I botched the edit or misconstrued your intent.