[Board] Text describing what OSGeo does

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Mon Oct 24 18:36:15 PDT 2011

Thanks for this.

While running through the Wiki I found several other places where we
have the mission statement - or some derivative. For example
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Description linked right from the start
page. We should try to eliminate all duplicates by adding a redirect,
maybe to the about page of the Wiki?

And there are many more pages in the Wiki that need updates (I just
removed a whole block from the start page referencing what's working and
not working pages that have not been updated since 2006).

Cheers,
Arnulf

--
Exploring Space, Time and Mind