Islandwood Code sprint (was Re: [Board] New MOUs proposed...)

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Tue Sep 6 09:48:57 PDT 2011

Thanks for the debate on this.  My sense of the board right now is as I
think Arnulf is saying: generally people are in favor of this sprint
specifically, but before approving it want to first (1) understand our
financial model and (2) set our goals better so that sprint funding would be
"in scope".

( At a personal, tactical level, we may have missed the window for the
IslandSprint event, and for that I'm obviously saddened -- but I'm the one
who chose to try to organize it, and I could have chosen to come to OSGeo
earlier if I'd wanted to, so I'm not blaming anyone but myself.  As a board
member and as a strategic issue, however, I intent to try to make code
sprints be something that OSGeo encourages and fosters in the future. )

-mpg