[Board] Codesprint guidelines posted

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 12:29:05 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com> wrote:
> At the board meeting yesterday, I presented a set of guidelines that the
> board should consider when being requested to provide support for a
> codesprint.  I've captured the content here:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines
>
> Comments welcome.  (Jeroen, your thoughts would be particularly appreciated,
> as you're the representative of the Bolsena sprint.)

Michael,

I would be happier if it emphasized:

 - supporting sprints that are essentially self funded with
   us providing financial backstop.

 - supporting multi-project sprints as opposed to single
   project sprints which might instead be handled more
   from project funds, though we might also back these.

 - supporting sprints with proven interest.  One way
   of proving interest is a past successful track record.
   Another might be having firm commitments from
   a good set of people to attend.

I also agree with Tim that dropping the stuff about
people * projects * days would be prudent.