[Board] info at osgeo.org

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 27 07:34:58 PDT 2011

On 11-09-27 06:17 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> My initial thought is that info@ should be routed to all Board members. Or, how
> about all local chapter chairs? Just thinking out loud. oh and to Howard :)

Jeff,

I'm concerned that routing it widely so disperses the responsibility to reply
that things might end up dropping on the floor.  It also raises the likelyhood
that things would get replied to several times.

I have also been in the practice of cc:ing info at osgeo.org with the new
passwords after a password reset and it wouldn't be great to have those
going really widely but I could change that practice somewhat.

I'd be more comfortable having info at osgeo.org go to 2-3 people but obviously
I would accept the direction of the board on the matter.

I'm going to take up Mark on his offer to assist.

On 11-09-27 06:11 AM, Howard Butler wrote:
 > Though I am not a board member, I would be willing to help route queries at
info at osgeo.org.

 > I'd also be willing to man the Twitter.

I am not really clear what it even means to "man Twitter".  Is the idea
that we are tweeting little things about OSGeo?  Is this another announcement
outlet?  Or is this some sort of administrative role?  I'm woefully ignorant
when it comes to Twitter which I have pretty much ignored so far in my life.