[Board] info at osgeo.org

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Tue Sep 27 07:47:56 PDT 2011

As an officer who has done next to nothing for his role for the last couple
years, I would certainly be willing to man the info at osgeo.org address as
well. As a halfway point between what is done presently and something along
the lines of what Jeff was suggesting, it might make sense to make sure we
maintain contacts for all the local chapters and projects so that the folks
directly manning info at osgeo.org can easily forward messages to the most
appropriate folks (and we should work with the projects/chapters to identify
a policy like CCing info at osgeo.org to make sure the folks manning
info at osgeo.org know it has been responded to).

RE Twitter -- I see that as primarily another announcement outlet -- anyone
around here smart enough to write a bot that would just tweet the subject
and a link to the email post for anything going to the announce list?

David