[Board] Outstanding tasks

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 14:58:08 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Tyler Mitchell <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Just FYI - a couple tasks that are pretty important but that I don't
> have a name for from your side.  Doesn't mean you have to run the show
> but someone might want to at least watch what happens in case you
> do not want the ball to be totally dropped.
>
> * Marketing chair

Tyler,

Ideally the committee can select a new chair.

> * Event management - e.g. booth planning, presentation tracks planning

Do you have particular events in mind?  I assume this mostly falls
under the baliwick of the marketing committee?

> * Annual report management

I think the board needs to address this after year end.

> * Journal - I know it's been low on the board's list for a few years, but it's
> a great opportunity to help engage on the academic side.  Many reviewers
> and editors ready to help.

I'm hoping an existing contributor (Landon?) can lead this effort.
Can you poll for someone?

> * Insurance - assume treasurer?

Seems reasonable.

> * Sponsorship and fundraising - assuming all of board involved?

Right, with the treasurer responsible for the machinery of invoicing.

Without Tyler to carry the water for the Journal and Marketting
it is important for them to self organize and find more volunteers.
If that doesn't happen the efforts will flag.

All the above IMHO of course.