[Board] CRO rules

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Aug 9 07:17:08 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Best of luck to all the nominees for the OSGeo Board election [1].
I will be voting shortly.

I had specifically requested on the OSGeo-board list for Chief Returning
Officers (CROs) to
refrain from any electioneering activity in OSGeo Elections [2].

I would like to propose that for future elections, CRO should be chosen
from organizations
outside OSGeo or persons who is not OSGeo Charter Members in order to
maintain ballot
secrecy.

Why should some charters members (which includes the past and present
CROs) know how I, as a charter member, have expressed my preferences?

Hope the above points is considered in future OSGeo elections.

Best

Venka

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Member_Nominations_2012
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-July/009924.html