[Board] CRO rules

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Aug 9 08:04:34 PDT 2012

Frank,

On 2012/08/09 23:25, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I would be supportive of using some sort of externally hosted web
> software
> to facilitate secret voting if there are a number of charter members who
> are concerned about keeping their votes secret.

My request was to maintain the secrecy of the ballot.

Votes are meant to be secret or else every charter member could be asked to
raise their hands instead of casting their votes.

If votes were meant to be public, there would be no need for cro at osgeo.org
and we could all vote on discuss at lists.osgeo.org. Or it could be google docs
spreadsheet with public access. All OSGeo members could help verify the
vote counts.

Best

Venka