[Board] Choosing the next President of OSGeo

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Aug 17 13:41:52 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with you Jeff. If we are limited to one person being the face of
> OSGeo, then we limit advocacy provided to that one person's time
> availability.
>
> I believe we should play up the importance of all board members, and play
> down the importance of president/chair, such that we can spread the advocacy
> workload.

Cameron,

I agree, and I'll note that when I was president I was not
the face of OSGeo at many venues.  I think we need to
recognise that Arnulf was exceptional in this role, and that
as volunteers it is unlikely our next president will be as
omnipresent as Arnulf.  He was/is a hero!

So lets just understand that we all have a role to play.  That
said the president will still end up fielding lots of questions as
the most visible representative of OSGeo.

> Looking at our Advocate page, we are still missing yourself Jeff, Frank, and
> Venka.
> Any chance we could get that updated.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Process_for_becoming_an_OSGeo_Advocate
> Note that I've been strict on people sticking to the template in order to
> keep consistency and a look of professionalism.

Will do.