[Board] Choosing the next President of OSGeo

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 20 09:54:03 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Peter Batty <peter.batty at gmail.com> wrote:
> Which would leave Frank, and I think it goes without saying that he
> would be a great candidate, assuming he is willing.

Peter,

I would be willing, but I've been president before and I am unlikely
to bring something new to the role.  If I'm selected, I'd prefer to think
of it as a single year while others get more comfortable with board
function and we bring someone with new ideas and energy to the role
next year.  Better yet to have someone new in the role this year!