[Board] Travel Expenses

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Aug 29 06:19:26 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 5:50 AM, nicolas bozon <nicolas.bozon at gmail.com> wrote:

> May be we could get an average amount that previous Ambassadors spend for
> travelling and  speaking in every continent.
> I'm not sure every FOSS4G conferences would be able to cover all that,
> that's why i was telling about the Foundation money.
> I'm sorry if i was wrong on this.

FYI: In addition to US per diem rates,
http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/21287, there is also the State
Department http://aoprals.state.gov/web920/per_diem.asp for the whole
world.  Although I'm sure these both have flaws, using this or
something similar avoids the difficulty of selecting an amount for
each place or an absolute amount that works in many areas.  This also
removes any debate about the 'appropriateness' of selecting this hotel
or that hotel.  Other Counties probably offer similar websites.

Eli