[Board] New OSGeo Donation link?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:18:42 PST 2012

On 07/12/12 02:44, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Board,
>
> Is anyone aware of a new PayPal [Donate] button that would have been
> added somewhere in our webpages recently?
>
> In the last week we have received 4 donations from individuals through
> Paypal which is more than the total number of donations in the last 12
> months. There is nothing wrong with those donations, they are very
> welcome and I try to send thank you notes to each donor, but I would
> love to understand what triggered this sudden wave of donations.
>
> Cheers
>
> Daniel

Any extra information about the donations? Are they from individuals,
private companies, or governments?
Are they coming from a particular region?
Possibly being triggered by a conference event or similar from one
region, or maybe a blog post, or a country's change in attitude toward
Open Source?
If we understand some of these questions, we might be able to replicate it.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally