[Board] VERY DRAFT 2012 OSGeo Budget

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Feb 3 20:47:12 PST 2012

Thank you very much for the feedback Frank. I have integrated your
suggestions and posted the document on Google docs to make it easier to
share edits and updates:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av9Xf1ehZXz-dE5mdDZsZkNOOW8yTU5vbWpzeVd0X3c

With respect to Beijing, I agree with lower surplus expectations but
thought we should still put an amount in there to show that we expect
something. However I don't feel strongly about this, let's rediscuss
tomorrow.

And for GSoC mentor summit, Google gives us 2000$ that is not counted in
the revenues. The 2k$ in the expenses is OSGeo's contribution on top of
Google's 2k$. I have the receipts for last year (fall 2011) and still
need to send them their reimbursement. I'll track down the exact amount
from last year and enter it in the 2011 column.

Daniel

On 12-02-03 4:58 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thanks for doing this.  I had intended to produce a draft but never got to it.
>
> A few notes, and opinions:
>
> 1) I'd like to budget based on 6 GDAL sponsors for $4500 being OSGeo's 25%.
>
> 2) I'm dubious about us building in the $20K profit from FOSS4G 2012.
>
> 3) I'd like to suggest we budget based on only keeping the Peer1
> server in service
> through until the end of June (so half the $7800).
>
> 4) I'd like us to budget on the order of $3500 for OSU OSL hosting.  This
> isn't strictly required, but I've discussed it with them before and it
> would help
> them demonstrate their value to the community.
>
> 5) I had a sense we had put out more than $2000 to send people to the GSoc
> summit last year - perhaps check with Wolf or Anne?
>
> Best regards,
> Frank
>

> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Daniel Morissette
> <dmorissette at mapgears.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Finance Committe and board,
>>
>> You will find attached a VERY DRAFT 2012 budget project based on past year
>> information that I could find. There are several items for which I am either
>> missing information or that will require further discussion. This is a work
>> in progress, so if you can help with any of the items or notice something
>> missing then please let me know ASAP.
>>
>> Daniel
>> --
>> Daniel Morissette
>> http://www.mapgears.com/
>> Provider of Professional MapServer Support since 2000

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/